SUBNET’s system intelligence products, PowerSYSTEM Server and PowerSYSTEM Center, are designed to be deployed at a centralized location on the utility enterprise. These two SYSTEM intelligence solutions help convert a power system full of smart substations into a Smart Power Grid. System intelligence unifies the source of real-time information to any utility business
system that requires it, enabling timely, informed and secure operation of the entire power system.
These SUBNET PowerSYSTEM Intelligence solutions are also easily upgraded, and evolve with technological change as needed.
Benefits of PowerSYSTEM Server
* PowerSYSTEM Server’s large, advanced library of SCADA protocol drivers and integrated security capabilities allows utilities to have unparalleled real-time visibility of their entire transmission and distribution system.
* It provides a cost effective solution to upgrade your existing SCADA Front End Communication process, while helping utilities meet their Smart Grid goals and objectives, and today’s security and reliability regulatory requirements.
* PowerSYSTEM Server can also be used as a non-SCADA FEP to collect and interface previously stranded IED data directly with utility data historians and asset management systems, independent of and without burdening a utility’s SCADA system.
* Multi-function FEP solution that performs data concentration, protocol translation, centralized event file collection and enterprise data integration.
* PowerSYSTEM Server unifies the centralized real-time SCADA and non-SCADA data collection for your entire grid. It is able to serve this real-time information to a variety of utility business systems including SCADA systems, data historians, asset management systems, etc.
* High-availability, redundant PowerSYSTEM Server solutions provide the reliability you need for these critical applications.
* Avoid the limitations of many SCADA vendor-specific FEPs with PowerSYSTEM Server’s true multi-vendor communication capabilities.
* PowerSYSTEM Server enables utilities to get more out of their existing IED investments by helping to deliver all the important data they contain directly to the people that need it, versus having them go to the substation to get the data.
* Implement more effective condition-based management of aging power system assets using PowerSYSTEM Server to provide greater real-time and historical visibility of all the equipment monitoring information available from IEDS .
* PowerSYSTEM Server enables utilities to seamlessly migrate and evolve with technological change due to its wide support of legacy protocols and advanced support of today’s most popular and future communication solutions such as DNP3.0 and IEC 61850.
* Avoid technological obsolesce issues of traditional integration solutions with PowerSYSTEM Server which leverages, and evolves with, mainstream networking and computing technologies.
* Scalable software enables solution support ranging from small distribution utilities to extremely large transmission companies.
Configuration Tool Features
• Intuitive, Windows-based graphical configuration tool supports online and offline device configuration.
• Supports easy-to-use visual drag-and-drop configuration interface.
• Use Microsoft Excel to easily manage large point configurations.
• Customizable user interface letting users define very basic or extremely detailed information views.
Integration Troubleshooting Features
• Integrated communication diagnostic tool allows viewing of raw communications data for any connection to aid in troubleshooting communication problems.
Protocol Communications Features
• Large library of richly implemented SCADA Master and Slave Protocols.
• Expansive protocol source code library enables straightforward implementation from over 40 additional legacy protocols on an as-required basis.
• Local/remote control lockout of SCADA controls.
• Industry’s most advanced SEL protocol communication support with complete auto-configuration.
• Support for flexible parsing of SEL ASCII, generic ASCII and binary-based communications for unique devices.
• Integrated Microsoft security capabilities to facilitate NERC CIP compliance.
• Single Sign On / Multifactor Authentication.
• SSL/TLS Encryption Capabilities.
• Secure authentication and encryption of IED pass-through communication.
• Supports Secure Automated File Transfer.