Argus Fire Control, by design, provides a “portfolio” of suppression methods, working to provide the most effective method of suppression in light of a range of application requirements
The CROSSFIRE Solution
CrossFire Rx is a “multi-factor” suppression agent that enhances its performance by working simultaneously across multiple lines of attack to suppress a fire.
Superior saturation/wetting in a range of conditions
• CrossFire incorporates several high-quality surfactant
to effectively penetrate a range of potential Class A
fuels. In structured testing no other wetting agent has
been shown to be more effective.
• Hydrocarbon combustion requires a small but steady
supply of free radicals to support the physics of a flame.
• CrossFire Rx contains compounds that aggressively
combine with free radicals limiting their availability,
thereby leading to flame collapse.
• CrossFire Rx contains compounds that combine with
oxygen when exposed to heat, restricting the oxygen
supply available to the ﬁre.
Supplemental evaporative cooling
• A key aspect of water as a suppression agent involves the
conversion of liquid water to water vapor. This evaporative
process requires heat, which is stripped from the fire.
• CrossFire additives facilitate the evaporative process as
well as accentuating the abruptness of the related
temperature drop, thereby promoting suppression.