Phillips 66® Syncon R&O Oil (ISO VG 100-680) is a premium quality, synthetic, rust and oxidation (R&O)-inhibited circulating oil developed for use in circulating systems, lightly loaded enclosed gear drives, and other industrial equipment operating under severe-service conditions or at extreme temperatures. It is particularly recommended for use in applications where operating conditions may be unfavorable or too severe for conventional mineral oil-based circulating oils.
Features & Benefits
- Outstanding resistance to thermal breakdown at high temperatures
- Outstanding oxidation resistance to minimize deposit and varnish formation
- Protects against wear
- Protects against rust and corrosion
- Good water-separating properties
- Good foam resistance
- Excellent low-temperature fluidity
- Extended service intervals compared with mineral oil-based lubricants
- Compatible with mineral oil-based lubricants(1)
(1)Note: For optimum performance, the mineral oil lubricant should be drained before using Syncon R&O Oil. Mixing the two products can reduce the effectiveness and performance advantages normally gained by using Syncon R&O Oil.
- Plain and rolling-element bearings operating at very high or very low temperatures, and sealed-for-life bearings
- Lightly to moderately loaded enclosed industrial gear drives that do not require a compounded or extreme-pressure (EP) gear lubricant
- Circulating systems of paper machine dryer sections and calender stacks
- Industrial blowers
- Industrial worm gear drives with bronze-on-steel gears
- Reciprocating air compressors where the manufacturer specifies a PAO-based lubricant (ISO VG 100 or 150, typically)
- Lubrication of the upper cylinders of gas compressors handling natural gas or process gas (ISO VG 150 or 220, typically)
- Industrial equipment operating over a wide temperature range where an inhibited mineral oil is recommended
Note: For information on compatibility with seals, paints and plastics, please call our Technical Support.