Geiger Bar Screens with Cable-Operated Grab Cleaners
are typically installed in water intake systems as front-end bar raking machines/coarse screens for bulky debris. Depending on the technical requirements, we have stationary and traversing versions available.
In industrial plants and numerous other applications, our very robust and operator-friendly machines are used as the first stage when cleaning industrial, process and cooling water. In power plants they protect turbines and other downstream equipment from damage caused by bulky debris or sediments such as sand, gravel and pebbles. Thanks to their automated cleaning technique, Geiger Cable-Operated Grab Cleaners highly efficiently remove even the most stubborn debris. These machines are not only installed in new civil structures; they can also be easily retrofitted into existing water intake systems. In addition to the stationary machines, the traversing/moving version of our Bar Screen with Cable-Operated Grab Cleaner for multiple channel cleaning can prove to be more economical alternative.
- Available as stationary or traversing (movable) version
- Our new innovation-award-winning polyamide cable drums make Geiger Cable-Operated Grab Cleaners very easy to maintain
- Two independent drive mechanisms and three cables
- Intelligent cleaning technique
- Highly reliable grabbing and removal of bulky debris
- Highly efficient: One grab cleaner for three or more channels
- Fully automated cleaning operation with slack rope control (for 3-rope device)
- Exact limitation of the lifting movement
- The cleaning cycle can be started from any grab cleaner position
- High loading capacity of the grab cleaner
- Different speeds for the cleaner carriage during the descent and cleaning cycle
Geiger High-Capacity Revolving Chain Screens (Multirakes)
are both suitable for coarse and fine screening and reliably remove large quantities of screenings.
Due to their various cleaning elements, they can be adapted to complete special tasks such as screening jellyfish, sea grass and fish. Simple and robust construction combined with modern design and manufacturing technologies ensure highest reliability and a long service life despite low maintenance requirements. The Geiger machines made in Germany are available for replacements, new plants and upgrades of plants, including maintenance contracts.
- Very short cleaning cycle thanks to several rotating screen cleaning elements (multiple rake arms)
- Robust and solid construction with easily interchangeable parts
- Specially developed for a high volume of middle/small size debris (burst mode)
- High cleaning performance thanks to minimized gap between bars and rake teeth
- No sprocket, shaft and bearings under water
- Bar spacing of 2 - 100 mm
- Low maintenance, among others due to easily exchangeable polyamide sprocket teeth