The Type AF girder clamp is the world’s first and only structural steel clamping system that is approved by ICC-ES for use in all Seismic Design Categories (A through F) and compliant with the International Building Code. The Type AF girder clamp is used to achieve a fast steel-to-steel connection where high load capacities are present in either tensile, frictional or combined load directions. It has a recessed top to hold the bolt head captive while the nut and washer are tightened down using only one tool, alternatively use a Type AFW washer to convert the recess to a flat top. The skirt on the underside of the clamp abuts the edge of the beam flange and prevents the clamp rotating during installation. Manufactured from SG iron with a hot dip galvanized finish to provide high performance and anti-corrosion protection.
Features & Benefits
- High slip resistance for tensile, frictional and combined load applications.
- 15,736lbs static slip resistance or 56,200lbs tensile (4 x A490 bolt configuration, size 1").
- Recess holds the bolt head captive (Grd. 5 bolts, sizes 1⁄2" - 3⁄4").
- Suitable for parallel and tapered flanges up to 10°.
- The tail spans slotted clearance holes.
- Lindapter recommends the use of DTI Washers when using A325 or A490 structural bolts with Type AF.
- Independently tested for dynamic load applications. Contact us for more details.
Tail Lengths & Packing Pieces
The clamp is available in two tail lengths, Short or Medium, and can be used with Lindapter packing pieces to increase the clamping range. Choose the correct combination of tail length and packing pieces to suit a specific flange thickness. Download datasheet for selection table.
Location & End Plates
Location plates are required when securing two sections together with clamps attached to the upper and lower sections with both clamps directly opposing each other. The plate is positioned between the two sections to hold the bolts at the correct centers and should be fabricated to the dimensions shown in the datasheet.
End Plates should be used when clamps are attached to the supporting section only. The End Plate holds the bolts at the correct centers and should be fabricated to the dimensions shown in the datasheet.
- Manufactured from SG iron to BS EN 1563.
- Available with hot dip galvanized finish.
- Reaction to fire: A1 (Steel)